Monday, January 12, 2015

Just get it over with

The theme for today's run: Just get it over with. I think it was the very definition of 'wog'. You know a slower workout that isn't a walk because you jogged a little and isn't a jog because you walked a little. A wog is not a run/walk because in those workouts the walk is planned recovery for the harder running. This whole run was a struggle. I couldn't get my heart rate to stay in the right zone, and I had to keep walking to get it under control. It took FOREVER to fall back down to the recovery zone. Eventually, I just decided walking was going to work better and let myself walk. A surrender test? Overtraining? I don't really know the answer. All I know is that I want to get back at the hard fast fun stuff soon, but my body seems to be slowing down rather than speeding up.

I'm supposed to start my marathon peak training next week. I'm always telling fellow runners that walking is an excellent cross training activity for runners. Maybe I should take my own advice, slow this week down and walk more than I run.

The current plan for this week:

Monday - Easy 5 (actually only did 4.4 since I was a little ahead from last week)
Tuesday - Long 15
Wednesday - Easy 5
Thursday - Easy 5
Friday - Easy 5
Saturday - Hills/intervals 5
Sunday - Rest

We'll see if I can stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment